Wednesday, 6 August 2008

More Monkey Magic


Just a quick'n to post my picture of Monkey. He's pretty much Jamie-Hewlett style (or as far as I can muster) and his outfit is the tracksuit Hewlett put him in. I did draw Tripitaka into the picture, but he wasn't so good...

I love the relationship between the spirit/monsters and Tripitaka in the old TV series and the Hewlett/Albarn version. They don't really know how to deal with a human and he is always slightly appalled by their amorality - but he relies on them being violent and dishonourable so he can continue to be good and pure :)
I always got the impression that the Monkey/Tripitaka relationship is the closest thing to understanding between the characters, and it's even sweet at times.

1 comment:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Do not despise the snake for having no horns,for who is to say that it will not become a dragon?