Wednesday, 9 July 2008

Time to get me OCs out

I bring greetings from the extremely soggy land of Shepherd's Bush.

Right, enough of these proper characters created by valid writers, I've got me own creations :) Now, I know the drawing to the right is a little odd (and possibly doesn't make much sense, especially in non-coloured form) but I'm fond of it so up it must be loaded.

Baaaasically there's a girl and she grows up in this city, which is made of tents and souks and yurts and peopled by bohos and what I believe the French called Les Marginal (or maybe they don't.) A childhood of Woodcraft Folk camps has not been wasted on me.

Blaidd's - that's Blaidd over there - Blaidd's place in this is as part of the Packs of teenagers that police the city semi-officially, like a corupt yet hippy scouts. And as a part of the Samhain celebrations in the city the Packs form part of a great parade which beats the city bounds...

To summarise: there's a whole lot of detail, none of which is particularly relevant to any story, but is more a case of me finding places to cram every detail of life that captures my imagination. Like a magpie wedging more and more shiny bits of tinfoil into its nest. I believe in this case I'd recently been to Lewes Bonfire. Anyhoo, was trying to get tokens of the many and contradictory influences. Like I say, dunno if that's clear, but at the very least its a picture of a girl with a papier mache wolf mask and fairy wings, and that's got to be a good thing.


There's a younger Blaidd, somewhat more conventionally dressed...

And there's a picture of her having a dance while on shift...

Blue Skies (some chance...),

Katamaran.

No comments: